The Indian Gooseberry or commonly known as Amla, well deserves it’s status of being called a Superfood. Loaded with Vitamin C, approximately 8 times of that in an orange, 17 times antioxidants present as that in a pomogranate,Amla undeniably is a powerhouse of minerals and nutrients. Also enriched in Vitamin B complex, Iron, Phosphorous, Calcium , makes it a marvel fruit ,benefiting almost every part of the body.
The exhaustive list of amazing benefits of Amla or Indian Gooseberry is given below.
1. Hair Care -Amla is used in various hair tonics because it strengthens hair roots, prevents greying, improves luster. Amla oil has been found to be very beneficial in preventing hair loss and baldness. The presence of ì , irons and antioxidants impart this property.
2. Improves Vision – Carotene content present in Amla has powerful effect of vision related conditions. It’s vitamin A and carotene content, strengthens the vision , reduces night blindness and macular degeneration.
3. Strengthens the bone – Amla enhances the absorption of calcium in an optimum way and reduces the activity of osteoclasts ( a large multinuclear cell associated with resorption or degeneration of bone).
4. Prevents heart problems – Gooseberry strengthens the heart muscles, thus facilitates the smooth pumping of the blood throughout the body. It also prevents the cholesterol build up, thus reduces the chances of artherosclerosis, plague formation in arteries and vessels. Thus decreases the risk of heart attacks and heart strokes.
5. Keeps infection at bay – Amla has antibacterial properties and reduces the chances of infection,contributing to its antioxidant property and Vitamin C content.
6. Anti -Aging – Amla juice helps maintain the youthful look of the skin as it is loaded with antioxidants and Vitamin C , which keeps the skin younger . Also reduces fine lines, wrinkles etc.
7. Prevents Cancer – Antioxidant superoxide dismutase (SOD), inhibits the formation of free radicals. Thus it prevents cancer.
8. Soothes inflammation – The anti-inflammatory property helps in soothing inflammation of joints caused in arthritis.
9. Controls Diabetes – The chromium present helps in controlling the sugar levels of blood. Also stimulates the secretion of insulin.
10. Helps in treatment of hyperacidity – Helps in curing hyperacidity and peptic ulcer. Besides is also a good remedy for diarrhea and dysentery.
11. Relieves Constipation – Juice of Amla regulates bowel movements and treats chronic constipation.
12. Weight loss – Amla juice aids in weight loss by enhancing protien synthesis and burns fats. Creates a positive nitrogen balance and also reduces cholesterol levels.
These innumerable benefits of Amla should be inculcated in diet , to ensure a youthful and healthier you.
Take Care, Stay Fit And Healthy….!!
Also share the post to your loved ones for their healthier and disease free life..