Garlic, botanically known as Allium Sativum, has been cultivated from thousands of years in many parts of the world. It is renowned throughout the world for it’s hot, pungent, aromatic flavours and healing properties. Also it forms a crucial fraction of Ayurveda. Significant usage for garlics as a medicinal herb has been well documented in ancient civilizations..i.e.. Roman, Greek, Egyptian, Babylonians, Asian and Chinese.
Not only ancient but modern science has also reafirmed it’s medicinal benefits.
Therefore, the regular inclusion of a few cloves of raw garlic in our regular diet can really help us stay healthier. It’ myriad benefits are listed below:
- Prevention of Heart Disease – Regular garlic consumption helps to lower the cholesterol levels, due to it’s antioxidant properties of Allicin. Not only this, but it also lowers the blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Cancer Prevention – Several studies have indicated the regular consumption of garlics prevents stomach and colorectal cancers.
- The Blood Purifier – Garlics have excellent detoxification properties. Thus, it flushes out toxins from the system ,thereby helps in mitigating inflammation and any skin ailments. Also works wonders in inflammation induced diseases like arthiritis , psoriasis , bowel diseases etc.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic – For the last several thousand years it has been used to treat fungal , bacterial and parasitic infections. Also wards off cavity causing bacteria if chewed raw.
- Skin – It’s reviving properties protects the skin from the deleterious effects of free radicals and slows down the depletion of collagen and thus keeps aging at bay. If topically applied , it relives eczema.
- For hair – Garlic infused hair oil when applied to scalp , helps rejuvinate the hair and maked them dense and voluminous.
- Cold and Flu – Garlic provides relief from the resistant cold and flu , if a few cloves are eaten raw or if sipped in the form of hot garlic tea throughout thr day. Not only this but alongside , it also builds up the immunity , making you less prone to seasonal infections and flu.
Thus, these invigorating endless benefits of garlics are more then sufficient in naming it a ‘Superfood’ . Introducing it in any meals of the day , can aid you fight any health adversity..
So take care guys & stay healthy.. Hope you will look forward for my next Superfood article.. Till then you can go through my previous informative posts on health , nutrution and cures through nature..
See you soon….. ☺☺☺☺