He packed the crackers to the stuffed doll with ten hanging faces reflecting the ten evil qualities that human possess -anger,hatred,jealousy,lust,violence,injustice,greed,suppression,madness,desire.
Hiii everyone !!!.Hope everyone is hale and hearty and as amazing as we interacted last time. Let’s get set for another healthy habit..
Let’s get started.😀
Promise yourself a fruit a day..without fail…!!
Yess guys .Very simple yet very vital . In our hectic schedules ,juggling between office responsiblities,home chores and everything around us ,we often forget the intake of fruits ,which form a very crucial part of a balanced diet plan. Fruits have abundance of minerals,vitamins,fibers which suffice the nutritional need of our body and provide the fuel to the smooth functioning of it.
So now let’s try to have atleast 1 fruit in a day. Have it either for the breakfast or as an evening snack. But ensure not to skip it . This small habit can really make a big change . A regular intake of fruits allays away tiredness,makes us feel fitter and also boosts our immunity levels.
So if you dont want to compromise with fitness,dont compromise with healthy habits..
Take care guys and ensure to follow it.It’s simple but super healthy.
Stay fit ,healthy and keep smiling.😊
•3 cups water
•Juice of 1 lemon
•1 inch piece of ginger
•4 inch piece of cucumber
•¼ cup mint
•1-2 handfuls ice
Add 1 cup of water and the lemon juice, ginger, cucumber and mint to the blender . Blend.
Add last 2 cups of water and ice and blend again.
•1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
•1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
•2-3 tbsp raw honey
•1 tsp apple cider vinegar
•3 orange slices
•3 cups boiling water
Add ginger, turmeric, honey, apple cider vinegar and orange to a tea pot or a pan. Pour boiling water over, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Enjoy hot.
Flaxseeds or botanically known as Linum usitatissimum is into edible usage past 6000 years. These tiny seeds have amazing benfits of combating cancer, lowering cholesterol levels, making the skin radiant, youthful and many more.
These seeds are small storages of many powerful antioxidants i.e. lignans, omega -3 fatty acids ‘the good fats’. Including a spoonful of them in your daily diet helps acheive new levels of health and beauty.
One tablespoon of ground flaxseeds contains the following :
- Calories: 37
- Protein: 1.3 grams
- Carbs: 2 grams
- Fiber: 1.9 grams
- Total fat: 3 grams
- Saturated fat: 0.3 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5 grams
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.0 grams
- Omega-3 fatty acids: 1,597 mg
- Vitamin B1: 8% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 2% of the RDI
- Folate: 2% of the RDI
- Calcium: 2% of the RDI
- Iron: 2% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 7% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 4% of the RDI
- Potassium: 2% of the RDI
Rightly termed a ‘Superfood’, these flax seeds have innumerable health benefits.
- Prevents Cancer – Being a rich source of lignans, flaxseeds help in preventing this fatal disease. Lignans are plant compounds that have antioxidant and estrogen properties, both of which can help lower the risk of cancer and improve health. These have upto 800 times more lignans than any other plant source.
- Flaxseeds improve digestion – Flaxseeds are rich in soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, which can help prevent constipation. A tablespoon of flax seeds provide an adequate dose of daily required roughage to keep digestive system aptly functional, thereby prevents any digestiver disorders. Also they maintain an optimal level of pH (6-8) in the intestine by forming mucilage.
- Minimizes blood cholesterol level – The cholesterol levels of blood or presence of lipid content of blood has proven to be a potential precursor of heart attacks and arteries congestion. The soluble fiber content and phytosterols found in it aid in preventing the absorption of bad chloesterol in the blood stream. Clinical studies have proven to reduce 6% -11% of cholesterol on regular consumption of flax seeds.
- Diabetes – A study has found that taking a tablespoon of ground flax seeds every day for a month lowers fasting blood sugars, triglycerides, cholesterol levels, as well as bringing a significant drop in A1C level . Also flax seeds improve insulin sensitivity in glucose-intolerant people.
☺Stay tuned with new posts of this Superfood series and keep yourselves informed of the news health mantras of healing by nature.
Garlic, botanically known as Allium Sativum, has been cultivated from thousands of years in many parts of the world. It is renowned throughout the world for it’s hot, pungent, aromatic flavours and healing properties. Also it forms a crucial fraction of Ayurveda. Significant usage for garlics as a medicinal herb has been well documented in ancient civilizations..i.e.. Roman, Greek, Egyptian, Babylonians, Asian and Chinese.
Not only ancient but modern science has also reafirmed it’s medicinal benefits.
Therefore, the regular inclusion of a few cloves of raw garlic in our regular diet can really help us stay healthier. It’ myriad benefits are listed below:
- Prevention of Heart Disease – Regular garlic consumption helps to lower the cholesterol levels, due to it’s antioxidant properties of Allicin. Not only this, but it also lowers the blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Cancer Prevention – Several studies have indicated the regular consumption of garlics prevents stomach and colorectal cancers.
- The Blood Purifier – Garlics have excellent detoxification properties. Thus, it flushes out toxins from the system ,thereby helps in mitigating inflammation and any skin ailments. Also works wonders in inflammation induced diseases like arthiritis , psoriasis , bowel diseases etc.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic – For the last several thousand years it has been used to treat fungal , bacterial and parasitic infections. Also wards off cavity causing bacteria if chewed raw.
- Skin – It’s reviving properties protects the skin from the deleterious effects of free radicals and slows down the depletion of collagen and thus keeps aging at bay. If topically applied , it relives eczema.
- For hair – Garlic infused hair oil when applied to scalp , helps rejuvinate the hair and maked them dense and voluminous.
- Cold and Flu – Garlic provides relief from the resistant cold and flu , if a few cloves are eaten raw or if sipped in the form of hot garlic tea throughout thr day. Not only this but alongside , it also builds up the immunity , making you less prone to seasonal infections and flu.
Thus, these invigorating endless benefits of garlics are more then sufficient in naming it a ‘Superfood’ . Introducing it in any meals of the day , can aid you fight any health adversity..
So take care guys & stay healthy.. Hope you will look forward for my next Superfood article.. Till then you can go through my previous informative posts on health , nutrution and cures through nature..
See you soon….. ☺☺☺☺